Saturday 18 February 2017

Open Your Heart


February is the month of love for us all here at IndigoBlu and I just love this sentiment by Maya Angelou part of the new Mindfulness stamp set. The beautiful Butterfly stamp is also part of the set, and we all know Butterflies are a sign of new beginnings and love.


I started by trimming a piece of Perfect White Stamping card down to a 7 1/2" square. I stamped out the sentiment in Black Versafine before matting it onto a piece of 7 3/4" black card to create a frame, and adding it on to my 8" card base.


My plan was to use Butterflies stamped out in FlitterGlu and Chariot of Fire Megaflakes used over the top. But that all changed when I was having a play with the Luscious Powders on a piece of Black Stamping card. I dropped the stamp a couple of times, but that really didn't matter as I was cutting the Butterflies out anyway. I love testing out all the possible colour combinations of the powders.


I splattered some of the diluted Luscious carefully on to my card base, before planning where I would place my now fussy cut Butterflies.


The splatters give a gentle sheen to the card, and a subtle background for the Butterflies to sit on.

Hope you are enjoying using the new powders, don't forget to share your makes with us over at the IndigoBlu Facebook page, we love to see your projects.


Have Fun
Elizabeth x

No comments: