Sunday 19 June 2011

Sue's Scrap Bag!!

I've been saying that I will make a new shopping bag for ages now, so at long last have got around to it!! I was given a gorgeous bag of left over bits of ribbon and trims from a friend of mine who makes the most amazing cloaks and bags. They are all so very different and made mostly from recycled and vintage fabrics. If you are out and  about at any of the vintage Fashion Fairs, look out for her "Just Sue" her stall is well worth a look!!
When I found the feathery ribbon waste in my goody bag, it just screamed out to be turned in to seaweed!! The Graphicus seahorses were stamped out in stazon ink, on to some batik fabric then appliqued on to the bag.  I can't make my mind up whether or not to embroider on them? I added some dotty lines with silver and blue pebeo fabric paints, then stitched on some iridescent sequins and seed beads. As the iron was out any way (LOL) I wondered what the graphicus shells would look like done in fantasy film, with fibres sandwiched in between. not too sure about them, but they can always come off!
I know I soooo predictable with Seahorses, but how could I resist! Love Elizabeth xxx ps if you are wondering about the old pink towel on the desk, it's where the water comes in when it rains!!!!

2 comments:

Janet said...

Looks good to me Elizabeth. I like the fantasy film shells. Perhaps a bit of dimension on the seahorses if you are feeling like a bit of sewing. How about buttons?


Janet xx (who never threads a needle from one year to the next!)

Beryl K said...

This is just amazing Elizabeth, what a brilliant idea
Beryl x