Thursday 10 March 2011

Play Date Cafe Challenge 72

Have been having a play with one of my new templates from Crafters Workshop.  The background was created by brayering a mixture of tuscan satin, pink lace and blue brocade silkies from Imagination Crafts.  I chose two of the four birdcages from the template, and then used a versamark inkpad through it. I then embossed it with silver bells wow powder, and added some blue gems. The flourishes in the corner's are Tim Holtz and embossed in the same powder. I love the way that the three colours of the silkies have merged to create a rainbow. Hope you can see the sparkle, Elizabeth x

11 comments:

Beryl K said...

What a stunning card Elizabeth. Never thought of using the Silkies with a brayer, must have a play
Beryl x

Christine said...

WOW Elizabeth, this is gorgeous, love your brayer colours and the templates are fab.
Are these similar to the ones Sarah demoed today on C&C, she is Crafty Notions.
Will try and use my silkies with my brayer as must confess I haven't tried them yet and had them for ages.
Hugs xx

Janet said...

Beautiful colours and so well blended. Interesting use with the template - embossing.

Janet xx

massofhair said...

Don't own any Silkies but i really like what you have done with them, fantastic background. Nicely put together and good ton see the wow embossing powders:-)

Nigel said...

Nice and subtle, and I love how the colours blend so well :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

These silvery birdcages are beautiful! Even love the name of the ink colors you used. ;) THanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe!

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Elizabeth, I love the bird cages templates and your background is stunning. You and Christine have led me astray, I'm going to have to get some silkies now lol
Claire xx

Jen said...

Stunning Elizabet. I have not had a lot of success trying to brayer with silkies, maybe you can pass on a few tips. The birdcages look gorgeous. Love it.
Jen x

Tracey said...

So PRETTY! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

Beryl said...

This is lovely Elizabeth. The embossed images are great and the background is fantastic.
Beryl xx

Jaclyn Miller said...

You've created a stunning background with that brayer - it looks great with the silver embossing. Thank you so much for playing at The Play Date Cafe.